Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Begining the projects

Well I managed to get out Monday night the 25th. Dark falls about 6pm now.. So by the time I got down to the "yard" at 8pm.. it was dark.
There is one big lot light that does light up my boat pretty good. At least enough for me to get plugged in and going.
What I did was remove the lifeline and stanchions. I also tried to remove the pulpit rails. The foremost vertical support in the bow fitting did not want to come out.

I have to go back and CONVINCE it.

WHY?? did I do this.

Well the plan is to have a framework for the foredeck made from lumber and use the boom as my support for the cockpit. Cover the boat with tarps.. then I can work on the boat under that.
The lifelines are coated and cracked.. so I am going to either replace.. or shorten and re-use if it becomes a $$ issue next year.
I am going to put a stern rail on anyway.. so this stuff needed doing.
The stanchion bases will be replaced with toerail mounted ones anyway.
And the intent is to prep the deck for repainting in the spring.

At home I tried to drill the holes in one of the Handrails - my first attempt was not great. I am still working on it.

2 comments:

  1. hi james. if your thinking of repainting the deck and coachroof. use a awlcraft paint on the smooth area, and i'm thinking of using a kiwi-grip nonskid surface . Our little saphira is getting a complete repaint. if you need a hand sourcing stuff let me know and any tech info you need i can get any information you need to help with your project. Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well interlux paint seems to be brand of choice around here.. I was thinking of going with a one-part polyurthane Brightsides its called.. staying white. in your pic I love the top stripe on the hull. Dont think hull paint is this year. Maybe next. But other choices.. sure.. and pricing is always a factor ;)

    ReplyDelete