Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oct 15th.. end of the season.

END of Season #1 with Highland fling

Oct 15th was haulout, 8:45 in the morning, at PCYC - staff was once again excellent. I have yet to have any complaint about this club.

Here are some pictures of haulout - antifoul held up well dont you think? Bottomkote XXX - good by me. Have to admit I was worried what I might see say with rudder or keel after my first season with an almost 40 year old boat, but this is a solid boat and I think at least in structure I got a good one.




Well we did get at least one more sail in before the end in OCT. Last Sunday the 10th.. In fact we were lucky to go sailing twice in one day.
Around noon we were able to go sailing with a friend that has a very nice Catalina 30.. and wow.. fun boat and very enjoyable sail - even though we did not have the best of winds.
Afterward we enjoyed being out so much we decided to have one last sail of the season on Highland Fling, and the weather was great.. we has some pushing 10Kn winds and we were able to get the boat over 6knts several times.


No comments:

Post a Comment