Saturday, October 16, 2010

The winter / spring - State of the union address ;)

YES its that time, to make the list check it twice..  Ahh well not Christmas, no one is going to drop what I need under the tree for me.

To be honest, the list is not that out of control really - My friend Rob from the owners list did a lot of this stuff on his boat before it went in the water this past year.. so I have to admit I almost feel the slacker.
But since I have a blog - I will use to detail what I had planned - what changed during the season and what I am now planing that I am out, and looking over this again.


OFFICAL - 1 year ownership - it was mid OCT last year that I could say
I officially owned what would become Highland Fling
.

Year in review 

   When buying anything - if you at all have the ability to TAKE IT NOW - in your hands - control the situation and not rely on others - do it. You will feel better about EVERYTHING is all I have to say. I ended up ok all said and done - but WOW the anxiety I dealt with getting there.


  When dealing with your marina and or staff you need for services - SUGAR wins over Vinegar every time!! I would like to say here in my blog - Thanks to the entire marine staff of Lakefront Promenade Marina in Mississauga - awesome place to have a boat - NEVER a complaint of service. To the staff of Port Credit Yacht Club - Kelly, Mike, Mark, Dave - The specific people I have dealt with - and some of the Students in the summer, these guys were great - who says teenagers are slack asses! ;)
  We had a number of adventures, good and bad on the lake this year. Our furthest TRIP was Centre Island this year, but we also went to Oakville, and hey even just went out for Dinner and one time just for Coffee down the coast.
  We did a lot of night sailing, if you have not done that.. we it is incredible in Lake Ontario - NO traffic, if you have a clear night - you have the stars, the sound of water, the moon.. well its awesome.
I did not take a pictures of Lakefront Promenade Marina, and I really should have - was awesome for a family. There is a water park, a playground - miles of path to walk - on the lakeshore and other - There is a beach, picknick areas, we get gated parking for the marina - we have slip owner only facilities - including showers and laundry if we needed it. Great place.
  I was worried getting a boat that had sat on a cradle in a heavy vegetated yard. That my survey might have been less than perfect and something with the RIG etc would go awry.. but I set the rig as best as I know how.. got it as even left to right as I could and tensioned everything like I know it should be without a Loos gauge.  WE did fine.
  My Chrysler Sailor 250 ran throughout the summer - My 5600lb displacement seems a bit much for it in strong seas, but we did fine, I guess I would be a little more concerned if I had to use it in 1m chop for 20km.. but we never faced that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment