Thursday, June 3, 2010

In the beginning




Well I have not blogged before, so I thought I would start one about my boat.

We bought this boat in Sept of 2009. We have yet to take possession... that is a very long story and I guess I will get into parts of it in this blog.

This is out name, it comes from the fact that the boat was Designed by and named after a place in Scotland. Our ancestry is from Ireland, Scotland and England.

Highlands is where Grampian is.. its a Mountain Range. The Highland Fling is a dance.. and I think of sailing as being a bit of a dance. A fling is fun, and the point of this boat was to have a bit of a fling.

She was dirty, had been sitting for a while, but she was pretty complete, and there seemed like not too much structral work that needed to be done. One point I did not follow Don Casey in, this boat is not my goal boat, or have a special place in my heart. It is our step back into sailing, one we started as a family 7 years ago with a Tanzer 22.

The name we have done as shown, I have not applied it to the hull yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment